CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT ZYDUS PHARMACEUTICALS
Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. is a globally integrated generic pharmaceutical company with a focus on providing quality, affordable generic drugs to the US market. Our US leadership, which has over 60 years of US generic market experience, understands the customer’s business which allows Zydus the ability to provide unique models to help drive its customer’s success. Our parent company, Zydus Lifesciences Limited, has a large presence in global markets, including relationships with many top tier international pharmaceutical companies. Based on a manufacturing and development history that spans over 70 years, it is the 4th largest pharmaceutical company in India.
Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Zydus is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to, among others, individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need an accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a career opportunity with Zydus, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request.
WARNING REGARDING FRAUDULENT JOB POSTINGS
Recently Zydus has learned of certain fraudulent job postings on sites such as Craigslist by persons claiming to be recruiters or agents for Zydus Lifesciences, but who are in no way affiliated with the company or any of its affiliates. These positions do not exist and the advertisements are not authorized by Zydus or Zydus Lifesciences.
The fraudulent job postings are typically advertised without disclosure of the company’s identity and the applicant is directed to reply to the job posting only by email to a non-company email address. Please do not provide your driver’s license, social security number, financial information or any other personal information to anyone claiming to be a recruiter for Zydus or Zydus Lifesciences through an online job posting.
If you have received any of these fraudulent offers of employment or if you are unsure about a job posting or offer of employment purportedly on behalf of Zydus or Zydus Lifesciences, please forward the offer or job posting to Zydus through this website. If you are in the United States and have been a victim of this fraudulent job posting, you can file a report of the incident on the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center website at www.ic3.gov.
Manager, Taxation and Insurance Risk Management
Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. is seeking a candidate with solid taxation and insurance experience to join our team. The position will report directly to the CFO. This exciting opening offers the candidate the opportunity to be a part of a professional, customer-focused, pharmaceutical company with a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. is a globally integrated generic pharmaceutical company with a focus on providing high service, quality, and affordable products. Our US leadership, which has over 60 years of US generic market experience, understands the customer’s business which allows Zydus the ability to provide unique models to help drive their customer’s success. Our parent company, Zydus Lifesciences, has a large presence in global markets, including relationships with many top tier international pharmaceutical companies. Based on a manufacturing and development history that spans over 50 years, it is the 4th largest pharmaceutical company in India.
We are looking for a motivated individual that has a high level of professionalism, is friendly, dedicated, has strong decision-making skills, and wants growth opportunities. You will work well as part of a team, have high ethical standards, learn quickly, and have a strong attention to detail. By joining Zydus, you will become part of a highly collaborative environment. You will interact with business partners in multiple departments and India. The duties will vary depending upon the needs of the department. The position will also provide support to other team members in addressing compliance, provision, tax audits, transfer pricing and M&A.
- Providing advice with respect to tax consequences of business transactions, including the research, review, documentation, and implementation of tax positions that support these transactions.
- Manage the review and submission of all tax filings, including federal, state, extensions, and advance payments to ensure compliance with the US tax regulations.
- Prepare and file gross receipts tax returns in the U.S.
- Prepare and file withholding tax returns in the U.S.
- Manage and monitor the intercompany transfer pricing allocations among the worldwide group including initiating intercompany invoicing to facilitate payment among jurisdictions to align tax results with separate legal entity economics.
- Assist in the preparation of tax budget forecasting.
- Oversee the work of external tax consultants.
- Supporting transfer pricing requirements, including creating and updating transfer pricing reports, consensus determinations and preparation of related documentation
- Supporting the setting and testing of tax requirements in ERPs system
- Assisting in M&A due diligence and integration activities, including the integration of newly acquired IP into global structures, and assisting with coordinating and determining the tax implications on any M&A project.
- Developing comprehensive tax integration project plan that includes all tax workstream and functional tasks. Managing integration steps to achieve project milestones.
- Collaborating with business and other corporate stakeholders
Your additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, negotiating, and placing all U.S lines of insurance, optimize coverage and contain costs.
- Analyze underwriting and loss forecast exposures to ensure insurance programs and limits effectively address U.S exposures; identify and correct any coverage gaps.
- Support India HQ with their global corporate insurance program initiatives, reporting needs.
- Lead for U.S insurance aspects of M&A and direct post-integration insurance needs.
- Manage relationships with insurance markets, brokers, and other insurance-related service vendors to ensure the highest level of expertise and quality support.
- Drive various legacy company insurance run-off programs to conclusion, including resolving open claims, reviewing retrospective adjustments, reducing letters of credit, developing buy-out agreement proposals, and negotiating insolvent insurer settlements.
- Manage insurance-related compliance reporting activities.
- Identify solutions and implement process efficiencies to optimize customer service.
- Provide guidance on insurance language contained in US contracts; negotiate with third parties, when necessary.
- Strong tax technical knowledge, research capabilities, analytical and qualitative skills, including the ability to conceptualize and think creatively.
- Excellent project management, organizational and documentation skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead integration in cross functional, fast paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent digital literacy with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat required with experience in SAP and dashboard tools being an additional plus.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required. CPA, MST, MBA, JD or LLM in tax is a plus
- 7+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and/or internal tax department
- Experience working in consultative based positions, including international tax, transfer pricing, M&A, general corporate tax and insurance.
- Ability to travel 10%
This is an office-based position, located in our office in Pennington, NJ. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is:
- Frequently required to sit and/or stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
- Vision ability requirements include clarity of visions at 20 inches or less due to computer work.
- Moderate noise (i.e., background noise due to computers, phone, printers, and light hallway traffic).
- Constantly required to use hands and fingers to operate office machines and equipment.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
To apply, please click here.